Welcome to our monthly “Pure Affinity” Q&A Series, which focuses on inspirational women who successfully manage to juggle their careers and responsibilities on a daily basis, whilst making a positive impact on the world around them.
They will be sharing an intimate glimpse into what inspires them, the greatest challenge they have faced as a woman in business, and their personal take on luxury and style.
This month, we are excited to introduce Camilla Cordle, founder of Amethyst Yoga in Newbury.
Keep reading to discover more about this amazing lady below.
Camilla Cordle, a long-time passionate yogi, founded in 2016 Amethyst Yoga in Newbury when she found herself with a burned-down barn next to her new home. Rather than merely reinstating the barn, she saw an opportunity to start a new venture. She designed and built Amethyst Yoga on the site of the old barn, as a way of sharing her passion and knowledge of yoga’s benefits.
1. In 3 words, how would you describe your personal style?
Simple, clean, elegant.
2. If you had to give the current “chapter” of your life a title, what would it be?
Retraining with the menopause.
3. If luxury was a…
a) …place? My parents’ house in the Bahamas.
b) …moment? First breath each morning.
c) …person? My husband.
4. What’s the one piece of jewellery you can’t live without?
My wedding ring.
5. Who/what inspires you?
In yoga: Ana Forrest. In life: my friends.
6. What has been your greatest challenge so far as a woman in business?
Understanding that everyone is so different.
7. What is the one piece of advice you would pass on to the next generation?
You can do it! Don’t try…do!
To find out more about Camilla’s world and Amethyst Yoga, visit: